Maine State Credit Union reaches beyond the walls of our branches. Employees take an active role in supporting our community, and you can expect to see us out and about supporting local initiatives and causes.
Maine State Credit Union is committed to helping the non-profit and educational organizations within Kennebec and Somerset counties. It’s our desire to help our communities remain vibrant by supporting 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that strengthen Central Maine.
We focus our giving efforts on the following areas:
Culture and the Arts
- We support a vibrant art and culture atmosphere in our communities and look to aid organizations that make it easy to experience different cultures and ideas
Health and Wellness
- We support local organizations that provide access to medical services
- We provide aid to non-profits that offer physical, mental health and wellness opportunities
- Maine State Credit Union supports education and development opportunities for the youth of our communities
- We support organizations and programs that educate individuals in our communities around public speaking and economics
In order to be considered for funding, organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Organizations must be a 501(c)(3)
- Must be headquartered in Maine and have a chapter that serves Kennebec and Somerset Counties
- Must have a mission or event that aligns with our mission
- Does not benefit an individual or private entity
- The organization is not a religious or political organization unless operating under a separate mission under a separate 501(c)(3)
- Organizations that have policies in place to prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veterans, or marital status
It is our goal to maximize our charitable contribution dollars, thus we will not support the following:
- Advertising in programs, bulletins, yearbooks or brochures
- National organizations that do not have a presence in the state of Maine
- Political, sectarian, fraternal or religious organizations
- Sports teams or organizations
- Annual giving campaigns
- Proceeds to support the day-to-day operations of the organization
Graduating high school students are encouraged to submit an application for a $1,000 scholarship.
Maine State Credit Union (MSCU) will award twenty (20) $1,000 scholarships in 2017 to graduating high school students who MUST:
1) Be a primary member of MSCU
2) Complete all information outlined below and submit in one packet.
Applications are available at your school, Maine State CU branches, online, or by calling (800) 540-8707.
Fully completed application packets must be submitted to and received at a Maine State Credit Union branch no later than 4:30pm on April 4, 2017.
Incomplete packets will not be considered.
Essay: "What education means to my financial future"
Letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or employer
Criteria For Selection
1. Essay on the topic of specified
2. Community involvement/extracurricular activities/work history
3. Letter of recommendation
Mail Completed Applications To:
Maine State Credit Union
P.O. Box 5659
Augusta, ME 04330
Questions? Please contact Amanda Crommett at (207) 623-1851 x2113 or scholarship at mainestatecu dot org
Recipients will be notified by phone, and the scholarship funds will be sent directly to the school upon verification of enrollment.